Get the latest news on Aptoide
Aptoide - Reinventing App Distribution and Discovery
Our vision is to reinvent app distribution and discovery in a social & collaborative way
With over 100M global users and more than 3 billion downloads, we are developing state of the art solutions that allow users to install and discover apps in an easy, exciting and safe way.
Aptoide offers not only the main App Store, but also the chance for any user to create and manage his own store, follow community recommendations and discover new content.
In addition, our solutions benefit developers, OEM, telcos and integrators, providing customized solutions for our partners to upload and distribute Android Apps through their own stores.
Tailored by you, for you
Aptoide integrates a social feed that makes app discovery more social and community based. Apart from being able to share app stores, users can review apps and get tailored suggestions based on their usage and followed app stores.
How it all happened
What later became Aptoide began in 2009 as a summer project initiated by Paulo Trezentos with Caixa Mágica. The project consisted in a platform hosting multiple app stores and resulted in the founding of Aptoide in 2011.
The aim was to create a community based platform where developers, OEMs, integrators and telecommunication companies could create and manage their own app store. Ultimately, to provide quality apps to an increasing number of users in the world and to reinvent the way people discover apps.
We are global.
The Aptoide platform can be downloaded from any country in the world, and is now available in over 40 languages.
In 2015, it has reached over 100 million users and more than 2.8 billion downloads around the world.
Our multicultural team helps us to take our business to the next level with a global vision.
We are proud. - Facts & Figures
We are the third largest Android App Store worldwide, with over:
100 million users
214.107 app stores
20 million monthly users
60 dedicated Aptoiders (expecting to have over 100 by 2017)
The company has closed two financing rounds to date:
• In 2013, an investment by Portugal Ventures raising a total of 750.000 euros.
• In 2015, a Series A round was closed, lead by german venture capital firm e.ventures and co-financed by asian Gobi Partners and Golden Gate Ventures in the value of 3.6 million euros.
Walking the Talk - Our Milestones
• November 2011: Aptoide is founded
• May 2013: Aptoide receives 750.000 euros in seed funding from Portugal Ventures
• November 2014: Launching of Social Timeline
• March 2015: Launching of Aptoide for TV
• November 2015: Launching of Aptoide Lite (a version of our App Store that allows one to install Android Apps in a fast way, even with low end, low memory devices and slow Internet connections)
• July 2015: Opening of our office in Singapore
• November 2015: Opening of our office in Shenzhen, China
• December 2015: Aptoide reaches 2 billion downloads
• January 2016: Aptoide secures 3,6 million euros Series A Financing led by e.ventures
• October 2016: Launching of Aptoide V8
Get the juicy stuff
Want to know more?